Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!
My name is Kirsty and I have been in the beauty industry for 8 years. I currently own my own beauty salon which I love, in a small town in England.
My aim is to do product reviews, tips and tricks, what I like (& what I don’t!) and anything else that you request!

Thursday 16 January 2014

My Top 5 Body Washes!


I know this may seem like an odd blog post to write about. To some people, shower gels might be a bit of a boring thing and you don't really see them as a luxury product. For me though, this just isn't the case! I am a real fuss pot when it comes to shower gels, so I have made up my Top 5 to share with you all if you have a slight addiction to them like me!


First of is Boots Fair trade Cocoa Butter Body Wash. You will notice from the photo that I have the Mango scented one as well but I will talk about the Cocoa Butter one first. The smell is incredible. It smells so good! Really rich and full of chocolaty-goodness! The consistency is lovely too and a bottle seems to last me roughly about three weeks so it's good for 200ml. Boots normally have these on offer on 3 for 2 so it’s are a good way to pick up a good deal. The Mango one on the other hand is just as beautiful. I always use this one in the Summer as it is just so fruity and tropical! I also have the body butter in the Mango scent and that is incredible too! Holiday must have's for sure! My score: 10/10


Next is Caudalie’s Fleur De Vigne Shower Gel. Ok, this bottle has lasted me soo long! I usually have two shower gels on the go at the same time as I like to use an uplifting one in the morning and a richer one in the evening. So, I have been using this one in the morning's and it just seems to go on forever. Sadly, I have just finished it (hence why it looks a little sad compared to all the other ones!) but, I would say this has definitely lasted me a good few months. The smell is gorgeous, the consistency is more of a gel formula which I don't mind, but I prefer a more creamer body wash. My score: 8/10


A new one that I have been enjoying is ESPA’s Lemon, Ylang Ylang and Tonka Bean Body Wash. First of all, I love anything citrus scented. It is the ultimate scent that reminds me of relaxing in a spa and being pampered, so this is a major plus! The next pro is it has a very lovely formula that lathers up really well so if you like a foamy shower gel this is for you! Not on the cheap side, but it is paraben free and ESPA is a very prestigious brand so you know you are getting a very good quality shower gel. This is for sure my ultimate morning shower gel as it really gets me going in a morning and ready to take on the day! My score: 9/10


Last but certainly not least is the Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Body Wash. I received this as a gift for my birthday in July last year. It came in a beautiful gift set with the body scrub and the body soufflĂ©. It only took me to December to use it though as I had some more body washes to use up before I started on this one. I have used this more or less every day in December (when I haven't been using my Caudalie one!) and I still have just under a quarter of a bottle to go - so in lasting terms this is seriously good! The wash is more of a lotion which I prefer, and the smell is beautiful. I find with Laura Mercier's products the smell lingers on your skin for the rest of the day. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the packaging and the price. It looks lovely, but it is really hard to get the product out as it's not a squeezy bottle and it is a square shape. The price however is a bank crippling £27! Not cheap, but I will definitely use this line of body washes again, I am dying to try the Pistachio one! My score: 8/10


What’s your favourite body wash?

No comments:

Post a Comment