Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!
My name is Kirsty and I have been in the beauty industry for 8 years. I currently own my own beauty salon which I love, in a small town in England.
My aim is to do product reviews, tips and tricks, what I like (& what I don’t!) and anything else that you request!

Wednesday 13 November 2013

My Morning Cleansing Routine

Hi everyone!

Welcome to my next blog post; My Morning Cleansing Routine.

Mornings are always a bit of a rush for me so I like to do my routine fairly quickly, but especially effective, so my skin is prepped for me to apply my make-up.


So, first of all I start by using my Bioderma Sensibio H2O - Micelle Solution (formerly Crealine) This cleanser gently removes make-up and impurities as well as added decongesting active ingredients to prevent any irritation and reduce redness in the skin. It is normally for a normal-dry skin type but I have combination skin and I love it. I was originally a big fan of the Caudalie Cleansing water (which is still amazing!) but you get more for your money with Bioderma and is it fragrance free. (Sometimes with scented products my skin gets a little unhappy!)
I pop some onto a dry cotton wool pad and wipe away any impurities on my skin and keep on doing that until there is nothing else to remove.

Then I go in with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. This product is amazing as you can do so much with it! You can use it as a toner (which is what I do) a base for make-up, a make-up setter & a general pick me up throughout the day to refresh your skin.
The main active ingredients are: Grape, Orange blossom, Rose, Organic lemon balm, Rosemary, Myrrh and Benzoin. A beautiful cocktail of gorgeous scented essential oils that will be sure to leave your skin beautifully radiant and glowing.
After cleansing I pop some onto a cotton pad and wipe away. My skin is instantly refreshed and awake!

Now it is time for Serum! I use Origins A Perfect World serum. I really like the consistency of this serum as it comes out in a thick, gel like formula which makes it really easy to apply. I use it on my neck too, (never forget your neck when applying your skincare products, it's one of the first things to age!) in upward stroking motions. If you have tried this serum, what do you think it smells like? The smell reminds me of calpol (which is again, another plus with this serum!)

I tend to switch my moisturisers but at the moment I am loving Caudalie Anti-Wrinkle Fluid.
I love this, it doesn't make my skin feel or look greasy or leave it feeling tight. The smell is beautiful (a real pick me up) and it leaves my skin hydrated and smooth. I use two pumps of this and apply it in sweeping motions all over my face and neck.

And last but not least; Eye cream. I must admit, I am lazy with my eye cream. Currently I use Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Rescue. I got a sample of it in this years glamour magazine and haven't looked back. It is super hydrating and is especially designed for people who are prone to dehydration under your eyes (If you ever see white little spots under your eyes, that is dehydration. Very common but this will help. A lot!
Always use your ring finger to apply eye creams as the skin under your eyes is 7X thinner than the skin on your face and ALWAYS work from the inner corner to the outercorner under and over your eye lid as it can encourage fine lines and wrinkles if you do it the other way!

So that is my morning skincare routine, I hope you all enjoyed this blog post :)
Please follow me here on bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11143405/pretty-in-blush
And my twitter account: @pretty_in_blush for my latest blog posts and updates.

Lots of love,

Kirsty

XO

2 comments:

  1. Hey :) I really enjoy reading your blog, so I’ve nominated you for a Liebster award, go to my blog see what it’s all about.
    http://makeupmad.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/liebster-award/
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to use Bioderma to take off my make up :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete